For the 7th edition of Imagine Silicon Valley, one of Imagine’s regular partners Everis held the yearly international competition to choose their Dreamer. This time the competition covered the Latin American countries: Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil. Inside the company, the Imagine participance is seen as a business opportunity to develop a really disruptive and outstanding project, as well as, for the Dreamer, to discover the world of innovation, connect to an amazing network and become better in the fields he chooses during the program. And the winner in 2017 is Ernesto Gámiz (Mexico).
Trained as chemical engineer, Ernesto entered Everis as an intern and today is a business analyst in telecom & utilities area developing strategies for top management. He is a person who likes to challenge himself, to search for new opportunities to test his capabilities, always open to new experiences and new people. The challenge Ernesto sees in Imagine is «to learn a life lesson form this dynamic, creative program, working with a team and developing ideas from scratch». He was brought up between two continents, between Mexico and Spain, which made him a traveller, photographer and triathlete. He already is a finisher of San Francisco triathlon, and this year in Silicon Valley he sets himself the goal of running the SF Marathon. In Ernesto’s opinion, the key to success in any endeavour is passion, excellency, open mind and a good sense of humor, which reflect the values of both Everis and Imagine.
You can meet Ernest here:
Everis, an NTT DATA company, is a multinational consulting firm providing business and strategy solutions, application development, maintenance, and outsourcing services. The company has 16,000 professionals working in offices and high performance centers in 14 countries. As part of the NTT DATA group, everis can offer a wider range of solutions and services through increased capacity as well as technological, geographical, and financial resources that help provide the most innovative solutions to customers. For more information, visit www.everis.com.
We are currently in search of the 12 Dreamers for Imagine Silicon Valley 2017. Many contests are now active and we are excited to start meeting the new dreamers!
Given the success of last year’s web competition, 1 of the 12 dreamers of Imagine Silicon Valley 2017 will be selected again from among all the applications received via the webpage www.imagine.cc The rest of the dreamers will be selected from competitions organized by various sponsors which we will be announcing soon, stay tunned!
The process for the selection of dreamer number 12 will be the following:
1. On Sunday May 21th, 10 applications will be selected among all the candidatures received via: http://www.imagine.cc/silicon_valley/2017/participants This selection will be conducted by a formalized committee of experts with representatives from the sponsors and the staff of Imagine.
2. On Sunday May 28th , the videos of the 10 finalists will be published on the Imagine facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/imaginecc
3. On Sunday June, 4th 23:59 h., dreamer number 12 will be chosen among the 10 finalists with the following voting system:
- votes from the representatives of each sponsor of Imagine (maximum 10 points)
- votes from Imagine 2017 staff (maximum 10 points)
- votes from the dreamers of past editions of Imagine (maximum 10 points)
- votes from interview between staff members and finalist (10 points)
- number of likes achieved on facebook (maximum 10 points)
Open application until May 21th >>
Here examples of past Imagine Silicon Valley candidatures: