Imagine Social 2016 is a programe that will provide a space for creativity to demonstrate the need and feasibility of technology projects that promote inclusion. It intends to achieve in a single month the prototyping and validation of technology products that provide solutions to some of the most urgent social challenges.
ICT has transformed the world of commerce, entertainment, leisure and it starts to do it in education, health and research. Now, the last frontier of digital technology is welfare, inclusion, and quality of life.
Technology can empower people, improve their quality of life and promote social inclusion, especially for those at risk of exclusion. It can promote equal opportunities and the right to an independent life. ICT can transform make more efficient the management of governmental programs and the activities of social organizations and the private sector.
ICT, welfare and social inclusion
The Imagine mSocial edition, aims to show how technology can promote inclusion. And intends to achieve in a single month, through the Lombard Methodology, four prototyped social oriented and focussed solutions.
This edition is being organised by Imagine and mSocial, with the support and collaboration of Catalan technological companies, social ngos,, public authorities and research centres.
Dates: 2 to 27 May 2016
Language: Programme performed in Catalan
«How digital technology can empower, socially include and improve the quality of life of the people?»
- Home care attention and support for dependent people
- Facilitate the social inclusion of people with disabilities
- ICT improving management of social services and NGO’s
- Poverty and exclusion
- Experience-based Imagine Silicon Valley.
- In Barcelona, taught in Catalan entities associated with dreamers
- Four weeks, four teams, different locations across Barcelona
- Master classes and Lombard methodology to create and prototype, during mornings
- Site Visits to local projects of proven results in the afternoon and evening.
- Two residential weekends outside Barcelona
12 Dreamers trained and motivated on social inclusion, with technology or business and management backgrounds, selected by participant companies, NGO’s and through an open call to all catalan speakers.